Salaries

I was looking at the breakdown of current salaries and these are the four players getting paid the least on the team right now…

First number is weekly, then yearly. Not saying that they can’t make a living, but if I was one of these guys knowing Mariano has the highest salary, it would be a tough pill to swallow.

3 Likes

Here is the full breakdown 2023-2024 Sevilla Salaries and Contracts | Capology: Football Salaries & Finances

2 Likes

Who? :eyes:

2 Likes

Absolute outrage that Mariano is our most paid player!

Get him off the books immediately. Waste of space if I’ve ever seen one.

3 Likes

Yup! Was it a one year deal we signed him to?

1 Like

Yeah

3 Likes

Thank God for that then.

2 Likes

BUT HE USED TO PLAY FOR REAL MADRID!!!

2 Likes

Did he though? In practical terms, the water boy did about much work for RM as he did… He always seems so congenial and reasonably talented, I’ve always wondered why he just can’t seem to catch a break.

3 Likes

Just looking at Mariano Diaz’s record for clarity and bar one season in 2017/18!!! :flushed: He has never had anything close to a decent scoring record at a decent level.

Take out his Badalona and Real Madrid Castilla days as they aren’t “serious” football…

2016/17 - 5 goals in 14 games, seems decent until you note he scored 4 of them in a CdR First Round tie over two legs. (Real Madrid)

2017/18 - Decent season in France, 21 goals in 45 games for Lyon.

2018/19 - 4 goals in 19 games for Real Madrid.

2019/20 - 1 goal in 7 games for Real Madrid.

2020/21 - 1 goal in 22 games for Real Madrid.

2021/22 - 1 goal in 11 games for Real Madrid.

2022/23 - 0 goals in 11 games for Real Madrid.

2023/24 - 0 goals in 10 games for Sevilla.

He has basically reached his seasons peak for games played with us… Even if you say he has only been a bit part player for Real Madrid over the years, with the players he has had around him, his scoring record is abysmal.

33 goals in 115 games, 21 of which came in one season. Given he hasn’t scored more than one goal in a season in 5 years, I wouldn’t even say he was a well thought out calculated risk.

The last goal he scored was the 15th May 2022 against essentially Cadiz’s reserves as they had already avoided relegation and were giving the rest of their squad game time.

Says something when the lesser seen Marcão has more goals than him for Sevilla.

Real life footage of Mariano on a football pitch…
https://media1.tenor.com/m/xxVzcDlkk-UAAAAd/donkey-flip.gif

Give me €100,000 a week and I’ll guarantee you a goal a season. Fuck it for Sevilla I’ll do it for €30,000 a week. Where do I sign? I mean I’m 40 years old, my fitness is absolutely shocking, and I have played in Goal all my life, but I’m sure I can get on the end of something and stick it in the net. I’ll even put silly red braids in my hair or something if it helps my cause.

6 Likes

LETS SIGN THE WATER BOY AND GIVE HIM 10M IN WAGES!

2 Likes