23/24 MD 29 - Sevilla FC vs Celta Vigo

Bummer. Rafa Benítez just got fired. We’ll be facing a new coach bump for this match. Or at least an interim coach bump, we’ll see.

Not a terribly easy match, but I still saw signs of a budding attack v AlmerĂ­a

1 Like

4 Likes

All strikers dropped except YEN, Isaac & Luke? :joy:

And I think Bade got his 5th yellow? Gudelj came back just in time.

3 Likes

Maybe its my Depor side but I do like playing against Celta, and always a pleasure to see how good old Aspas, 36 already, is leading his Galicians.

Definitive game as well, from the 4 important bottom of the league opponents we will be facing the coming period. Winning it and we officially pull away.

2 Likes

Celta is one of those teams that usually gives us a good game. Aspas also takes the opportunity to step up as well, so we’ll see what he brings.

I was looking forward to seeing Tapia (free in the summer), but he’s listed as injured for this game. Always been a fan of his with the Peruvian NT, but not sure why his value has gone down over the years.

As for us, i need to see us lock in defensively. I always feel like the Ramos-Salas side of the backline is there to be picked apart. I think it’s a weakness we’re just gonna have to live with until Marcão gets fit again.

I pray we take our chances when we get them. Sow & Oliver are getting better at supporting the forward line, but our play around the box still lacks a certain edge. Navas def isn’t at 100% or else he’d have more presence. And as good as Ocampos has been, whenever Acuña gets to play, we’re a bit of a different side.

Hope they can give the RSP faithful a good showing before the Int’l break.

3 Likes

3 Likes

They have a lot of injuries in the midfield, both Hugo’s two 20 year olds. We’ll see how it slides together but I feel like we should be able to dominate them.

3 Likes

If Acuña is taking the free-kicks again we might get lucky.

2 Likes

Gudelj paired with Soumaré in midfield!

2 Likes

Big match for us. Let’s get the 3 points which would be a big step towards safety. I’m glad we have more players fit again.

We been stronger at home lately and let’s hope that continues.

Hopefully we can defend better and our strikers do the business again. Vamos mi Sevilla!

2 Likes

Happy matchday everyone! Let’s get this win!!

2 Likes

Also Veliz out of the squad for some reason.

One thing you can say so far. Nobody of the winter transfers from Orta has done any contributions.

Except our own Isaac.

I think its a bit unfair to say that no one has done anything, we have found a squad that is getting results and its hard to gamble with new squads in this position in the table. Agoume has been injured but seemed solid in his time. Hannibal brings creativity, but really hasn’t been given a chance. Idumbo has been contributing well to Atlético and Mejia has also been great. Velia hasn’t shown much, but hard to get in rotation with the duo we have up top now.

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOOO

1 Like

Ohhh good steal from Youssef, scoring 1-0!

2 Likes

Look at that striker do his job! Let’s go oooo!

1 Like

Did the commentator say that Acuna has “fallen out of favor” to Pedrosa? Is that true? I thought he was just injured which is why Pedrosa had been getting so many starts… I could have misheard, though.

YEN! Simply sensational play!

1 Like

1 0 up. looking good. im expecting this game to be really tight

2 Likes