That looked close on the YEN chip.

3 Likes

God I need this game to end so I can get on with the rest of my dayā€¦

4 Likes

Looks like weā€™ve been playing with 10 all game instead of themā€¦

3 Likes

Desperately hanging on against 10man las palmas ffs

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t pretty and damn was it boring, but thatā€™s a really good road win.

4 Likes

Well well, we got there in the end. 0-2.

Well played Las Palmas, that was rough.

6 Likes

Thank you for Dodi QSF;)

4 Likes

9 points clear of the drop now!

8 Likes

Only got to tune in around minute 50-55, and it took some time for me to realize we were a man up. Itā€™s just the current state of this team. Weā€™re not talented to take the game to our opponents, especially away from home. Only choice was to play it safe, and pick our spots.

Seen the comments above mentioning Isaacā€™s horrible finishing. Is he still doing enough good work off the ball? Cause iā€™m not sure Dodi works as a direct replacement, he hardly presses. Isaac is good at setting up too, whereas you just know Luke is likely to keep that ball for himself.

6 Likes

Terrible tactics by Sevilla but if thatā€™s what it takes to keep us up then Iā€™m OK with it. Sort it out next season. But thatā€™s second division football and Iā€™m insulting the second division saying that, half the second has more function.

Players are nervous because they donā€™t like the system, Iā€™ve never seen Ocampos or SoumarĆ© so useless. We miss AcuƱa on the free kicks because we have nobody who can deliver a decent cross.

It was a repeat of the Celta game with a five defender line ceding all the possession to the opponents, the only difference was the sending off offered us a bit more space to connect and we made use of it eventually.

6 Likes

In my opinion there is no need to worry with Isaac. Heā€™s still getting into good positions, creating the chances, working his ass off, but thereā€™s hesitation now and some horrible finishes 1 on 1. Heā€™s probably heard around him to keep an eye on teammates which is true which in his eagerness to make up for it he neglects as well. That second half shot wide, where Ramos and one more player are just running into the line of the shot, if he shoots it wider without the goal to finish himself, one of them will walk it in. It hurts a bit to see the waste.

5 Likes

Wasnā€™t pretty at all and we certainly made it tough against ten men but the only thing that matters is we got the job done. A poor performance though.

Two huge away wins in succession and nine points clear of Cadiz in 18th. We should be okay now and still home games to come against Mallorca, Cadiz and Granada.

I say we donā€™t stick with QSF. Heā€™s come in and improved our fortunes in terms of results and looks like guiding us to safety. However the football still hasnā€™t been great and tactics bizarre at times. I canā€™t see us doing much next season with him other than maybe mid table mediocrity. Iā€™d get a new manager in and start a proper project.

5 Likes

Huge win for us! I missed the game but saw the highlights. The early red card helped but still a great away performance and YEN was great again. We have been impressive in this 2nd half of the season. We all but safe now. Vamos mi Sevilla!

3 Likes